- The lovely ladies at iRant-RPC suggested a variety of new ways to promote roleplays, and one of them was releasing a PSD.
- This is a fairly simple colouring, not exactly black and white, but it is very desaturated. It works on every type of image. Though, you might need to adjust the brightness/contrast to get the result you want.
- Please Like or Reblog if you plan on downloading this PSD.
- The download link can be found here.
- Also, check out the roleplay here.
The roleplay I’m currently working on takes place in the 1960’s, and because of that I had wanted to do some research on popular names from the time period for my characters. There’s so many names from different eras that aren’t as commonly used today, and I thought I’d make a compilation of my ten favorite names for boys and girls from the 1900’s to the 2000’s! If you end up finding this helpful, please like or reblog.
Themes two, three, & four by msswans; like/reblog if using please!
- 200px sidebar image
- 4 links
- 400px posts
- 40px x 40px sidebar image
- 6 links
- 500px posts
- 200px sidebar image
- 5 links
- 500px posts
Thank you everyone for 2,000 followers! :)
this is fun
Miley sings Adore You to Matt Peterson (fan)
★HAYDEN PANETTIERE GIF HUNT★
Under the cut are ## small/medium hq gifs of Hayden Panettiere.
Please like this post if you saved or if it helped you in any way, and only reblog if you’re an rph. Sorry for repeats and/or grey boxes. Credits to whoever made these gifs. ANON REQUESTED.
Under the cut you will find about #104 small and medium gifs of Nico Mirallegro. I don't own any of these gifs — all credit goes to their owners. Please like or reblog if you're using this gif hunt.
Here are simple photoshop tips that took me a long time to figure out and would have helped if I just knew from the beginning.
1. First off, here’s the layers I use nowadays.
- Curves (soft light)
- Vibrance (always deselected, rarely use)
- Selective Color
2. Don’t use shitty videos. Always use 720p files or larger. Even 720p youtube videos can still be too poor in quality to edit properly from them. Just in general, be wary of video quality
3. For text, use calibri (bold italic, strong). The bold italic is important because straight calibri is ugly. Use only 1 stroke.
4. Everyone pretty much use the same sharpen settings for gifs. They are as follows: Filter>Sharpen>Smart Sharpen> then select 500% as the Amount and 0.3px as the Radius. Also, select More Accurate.
5. Pixel width is very important for Tumblr.
- 1 gif across = 500px
- 2 gifs across = 245px
- 3 gifs across = 160px
6. When you import frames to photoshop, import every frame or every other frame otherwise the gif will be too choppy. You should only do every 3 frames etc. for single gifs. Also, use an animation speed of .06.
7. When you save a gif from the psd, usually the animation speed is defaulted to something different. Open up the gif itself and change the animation speed.
8. Find Photoshop / Tumblr tutorial blogs to find psds and tutorials on how to perform certain techniques. I use yeahps
9. Follow mrsmerylstreep because I use two of her layers on all of my PSDs.
10. Blue, Green & Purple are good colors to adjust with the Selective Color layer. You can make these colors pop sometimes without resorting to Vibrance.
11. Be sure to save every scene you make as a PSD before you save as a gif because you will easily be able to go back and make adjustments.
12. There is such a thing as too much when you color gifs. It’s noticeable when the lighting is too harsh, or there is too much contrast, or the face is an unnatural color.
13. If you make the type of gifs that are hard to upload, it’s best to just try to get every gif under 1.2 megabytes before uploading. If a gif still won’t upload, cut the frames to 40. Don’t give up if it still won’t upload just keep cutting frames until it uploads. Everything will upload if you cut enough frames. My last set I had to cut a gif down to 28 frames until it uploaded.
14. Utilize the save as drafts option when uploading gifs. It took me a while before I started using it and it’s really useful.
15. When you tag your posts, only the first 5 tags will show up as searchable in the tags section. Try to use the most searchable terms for your post with those 5 tags.
16. Put your url in the source, it will be less likely to be stolen. You want people to know you made the post.
17. Here’s the base PSD I use when I start all my gifs.
19. Good luck.
C H A R A C T E R P S D #4: Welcome to the New Age.
dont blame me im procrastinating
- You know the drill - I made this, you can use it without giving me a like but it would be appreciated yadayadayada.
- There’s a gradient map in there, and you can tweak it to your specifications, but if you want the same look, make the coloured layer above the background layers the colour of the darker gradient colour and keep the specifications.
- Font used was Code Bold.
- Download it here.